you're not lost, you found us

find more of us at www.inspired2inspire.nl

18 juni 2007

Big Fish

Iemand de film 'Big Fish' gezien? Ik twee keer. En tot twee keer aan toe is (in ieder geval) onderstaand stukje me bijgebleven.

"Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small.
With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.
It occurred to me then, that perhaps the reason for my growth was that I was intended for larger things. After all, a giant man can't have an ordinary-sized life.”



"Did you ever think maybe you’re not too big? Maybe this town’s just too small. This town is too small for a man of my ambition. I can’t see staying here a day longer.
Even though I love every square inch of it, I can feel the edges closing in on me. A man’s life can only grow into a certain size in a place like this."

Het leek me het delen zeker waard! Zelf nog inspirerende quotes uit films? Comment!

Roos, i2i

4 reacties:

Blogger Kev zei...

It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.

*American Beauty

10:57 a.m.

 
Blogger Unknown zei...

Ja! Big fish zit vol met dat soort momentjes. Heerlijke film. Dank voor het delen. Op een of andere manier blijven mij de mooie lange quotes nooit zo bij, maar wel het gevoel en het algemene idee. Ik moet het meer hebben van one-liners uit minder interessante films:

"I live for this shit" (xXx)
"Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker." (Die Hard)

Misschien wel te interpreteren als: Heb lol in wat je doet, en ga er helemaal voor.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." (The Big Lebowski)

Probeer je niet altijd wat aan te trekken van wat andere mensen ergens van vinden.

Erwin

11:34 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anoniem zei...

Erwin! Die Hard en Triple X zijn wél interessante films!:)

"Stop thinking cop, start thinking playstation" Yeah!

Zullenwe'mweereenskijken?

2:18 p.m.

 
Blogger Kev zei...

'I have an aunt who whenever she poured anything for you she would say "Say when". My aunt would say "Say when" and of course, we never did. We don't say when because there's something about the possibility, of more. More tequila, more love, more anything. More is better.'

7:26 a.m.

 

Een reactie posten

Aanmelden bij Reacties posten [Atom]

<< Homepage